Sun, open air, on the open road. There’s nothing better than a convertible if this is what you long for. But if your budget is holding you back, you’ll be glad to know used models are available at affordable prices. Many options are on the market if you’re ready to buy a used car. Here are a few of them:
- Mazda Miata: This petite, powerful roadster comes at a premium when new. But you can own a used Miata for under $15,000, even less, and enjoy the same perks. If you crave comfort and great handling, 2006 to 2015 Miatas are for you. The 2012 car was rated high for affordability and quality. It has a spunky four-cylinder engine, brisk acceleration, and an EPA-estimated 28 mpg highway. The base model has a manual soft top, while higher trims have a power retractable hardtop.
- Ford Mustang: The 2009 model is under $10K and offers a choice of a 210 hp V6 or 300 hp V8 engine. Several model years have received praise, including the 2012 Mustang. A selectable steering system was added with this model, featuring three levels of power assist. Other notable models include the 2014 and 2013, which offer ample comfort and power; if muscle cars are your thing, the 2014 can give you up to 662 hp.
- BMW 3-Series: Here’s an excellent choice for top-down driving and affordability. You might pay under $8K for a 2007 vehicle and enjoy driving thanks to great handling and balance plus the power of a standard or turbocharged six-cylinder engine. The 328i and 335i have a hardtop that folds into the trunk, which limits space for luggage but is fun The E93 series introduced a folding aluminum hardtop roof among many luxury features.
- Toyota Camry Solara: This two-door convertible has roomy back seating, a sizable trunk, and front-wheel drive not to mention the reliability that comes with owning a Toyota. A standard V6 engine offers power (up to 210 hp) and up to 34 mpg highway. The car is expensive looking compared to its actual cost, and if you’re shopping for it used then you could end up with quite a bargain, plus ample convenience and safety features.
- Chevrolet Camaro: The Camaro returned in 2010 as a convertible, providing the opportunity to embrace the LS V8’s roar with the top down (if you have an SS model). The 2014-2015 Camaros have Recaro seats with suede inserts, among many other options, including a color head-up display. But the 2012 and 2013 models fare quite well in terms of power and handling as well as reliability.
- Porsche Boxster: The second generation 987, sold during the 2006 to 2012 model years, is rather affordable now. Its handling and PDK transmission are outstanding. If you long for a powerful two-seater, the Boxster S delivers up to 320 hp and a strong acceleration. The Boxster has a fuel economy of 29 mpg highway, as estimated by the EPA. The standard 2012 model comes with a six-cylinder engine and six-speed manual transmission, upgradable to a seven-speed automated manual.
Find Your Favorite Used Convertible at CarWorld
At CarWorld, Hawthorne’s leading Buy Here Pay Here (BHPH) dealership, we offer the above and many more convertibles in our extensive pre-owned vehicle inventory. We are open for business. Our COVID-19 response assures our customers can find high-quality, affordable vehicles and be protected by our adherence to CDC guidelines. Call us at 833-219-9951 to set up an appointment, today!