Midsize sedans have become the most popular choice when it comes to purchasing a used or pre-owned vehicle. Sedans are sizable, come in all sorts of shapes and shades, and are now more efficient than ever. With all of the options out there, car buyers certainly won’t have trouble finding a used sedan that fits their lifestyle and daily needs.
Best Pre-Owned Sedans
To make your decision that much easier, we have compiled a list of the best used sedans on the streets. We even went a step further to keep our selection under the 10k threshold to get potential car buyers excited about their upcoming purchase.
- Honda Accord – Not surprising that the Honda Accord made the ‘best used car’ list yet again. The reasons are many, but one of the most guiding factors is reliability. Reliability is a central theme for the entire brand. In the 1980s cars weren’t nearly as reliable as they are now. When Honda rolled out its Honda Accord it started its climb as the favored sedan among young adults and 30-somethings. From 2013-2015 the Honda Accord had an insanely low number of complaints, with just 211 reported. When you consider that Honda sold 30,000 Accords in 2013 alone, you can really see just how no-fuss these cars are. The Honda Accord is arguably the most trustworthy pick on our list of best pre-owned sedans.
- Toyota Camry – The everlasting Toyota Camry. The Camry has maintained a hold as one of the top-selling sedans for over a decade. While the Accord is praised for reliability, the Camry is all about durability. The Toyota Camry is manufactured with the Japanese philosophy of Kaizen in mind. Kaizen means “change for the better.” Toyota tirelessly works to improve their models across the board, with added attention to quality, durability, and longevity. Most car manufacturers pour a lot of capital into producing cars that have all the newest tech, which may please some. But to Toyota’s benefit, they decided to remain laser-focused on building lasting vehicles and establishing a lasting trust among generations of car buyers. If you take excellent care of your Camry, you really can drive this car until the end of time.
- Subaru Legacy – Subarus are extremely popular, especially right now. Subaru launched the Legacy model in 1990. Since then it has improved year after year with no drawbacks. The Legacy is considerably more spacious than other sedans while not sacrificing gas mileage (25-26mpg). Starting with the 2013 Legacy, Subaru started equipping each model with their signature EyeSight suite of safety gear. This allowed economy car buyers to enjoy elevated safety features like forward-collision warnings and automatic emergency braking. The increase in size, improvement in fuel economy, and the all-wheel-drive capabilities, really make this a great pick for people with an active lifestyle.
- Kia Optima – Hyundai, the manufacturers of Kia, has enjoyed significant growth in the past decade. One of their most celebrated models was the Optima. The Kia Optima has always been viewed as the sporty sidekick to the Sonata. The Optima got a major facelift in 2016 with a lighter and sturdier chassis, redesigned headlights and a new take on their signature Tigershark grille. That wasn’t the end of their 2016 redesign. The Optima gained a new engine and suspension as well. Earlier models were also quite appealing to drivers that wanted a little more pep in their step, with a 200-horsepower 2.4 liter 4-cylinder being on the lower end of the pricing spectrum. Kia Optimas make a fantastically affordable and reliable choice for first-time car buyers.
- Volkswagen Passat – The Passat has been a huge success in the states, especially their 2012-2015 models. Volkswagen was privy to the taste of most Americans, and nothing showed that more than the Passat redesign of 2012. The new Passat was more spacious and wide, which made the cab feel roomier. Car shoppers had a choice of a 2.5-liter engine or a 3.6 liter V6, which was a big deal at the time. The only drawback of the earlier Passats was that they weren’t particularly fuel-efficient in comparison to other midsize sedans of the same price point. Either way, the Volkswagen Passat is still a fashionable and reliable choice for those in the market for a great pre-owned sedan.
CarWorld offers a large inventory of used sedans, midsize SUV, and SUVs, as well as a premium inventory of high-end vehicles. Visit our “buy here, pay here” dealership for help finding the vehicle you want and need.