A vehicle for summer travel should offer reliable performance, agile handling, and a comfortable ride. Fuel efficiency is important as well, as good gas mileage will save you money. Towing capacity, off-road capability, and functional accessories such as a roof rack are also practical for summer travel.
While COVID-19 has shuttered many indoor and outdoor summer activities, you can still take a trip on the open road. Perfect for a family adventure are the Ford Escape, Chevrolet Cruze, Honda Accord, Toyota Tacoma, and Acura RDX. They’re hot choices worth considering, whether you’re looking for something new or pre-owned and more affordable.
- Ford Escape: A crossover that offers great versatility for summer road trips. The Ford Escape received a redesigned hood and grille in 2017, while powerful turbocharged engine options come with the SE and Titanium trims. The standard offers 179 hp with the option to upgrade to 245 hp. The interior has a push-button parking brake for more space, a larger storage bin, and a swing-bin glove box. A leather-wrapped steering wheel incorporates audio and climate control buttons while Apple CarPlay and Android Auto are included.
- Chevrolet Cruze: As compact as it is, the Chevy Cruze has 47.2 cubic feet of cargo space to store your bags, gear, and equipment. It has 60/40 split folding seats and room for five passengers. The available 1.6L turbo-diesel engine gets you up to 52 MPG highway (an up to 13.7 gallon tank will let you cruise for a while). The car also comes with the myChevrolet Mobile App, so you can remotely start the engine, lock doors, and turn on the air conditioning for relief from the heat.
- Honda Accord: The Accord is a mid-size family sedan praised for its reliability, safety, and comfort. It is extremely popular as a used car. The base model of the 2018 model year incorporates driver drowsiness monitoring and a full range of safety features, plus dual-zone automatic climate control to keep cool, a 7-inch display, and push-button start. Higher trims add a power-adjustable driver’s seat, leather upholstery and, with the Touring trim, a Wi-Fi hot spot, wireless phone charger, and heated/ventilated seats.
- Toyota Tacoma: A midsize pickup truck, the Tacoma offers four-wheel drive and great off-road performance. The 2016 to 2020 model years are rated high for reliability and safety. An optional V6 engine improves acceleration and gas mileage. Bilstein shocks, multiple traction control modes, and a locking rear differential are included in the TRD Off Road trim. If affordability is a concern, a used Tacoma costs much less and you get more value for the money.
- Acura RDX: This luxury SUV has a V6 engine that delivers strong acceleration, fuel economy, steering, and handling. The RDX has ample legroom thanks to an elevated rear seat. A roomy interior, extra-wide cargo hatch, and 60/40 split bench also make it a convenient choice. As for technology, an add-on package includes a 10-speaker audio system, voice-operated navigation and climate control, as well as smartphone integration. An optional all-wheel drive system allows torque to be adjusted to correct front wheel slippage.
CarWorld is open during the coronavirus pandemic. We are taking steps to protect our customers and staff, including sanitizing our showroom and practicing social distancing. We have a full inventory of pre-owned vehicles, so you can find a sedan, SUV, pickup, or hybrid model and take advantage of efficiency, features such as a heated/cooled seat, and comfortable AC in any temperature. To learn more about our options and flexible financing, contact us today and we’ll be in touch.